Who are We?
We strive to share the unique and life-changing Good News of Jesus Christ with all including who are broken, lost, and searching, and to create a community of believers to fellowship with one another. We believe in the mission given to us by Christ before his ascension, and we believe that the Great Commission should be the driving purpose in our lives. Thus, Fotia, the Greek word for “fire”, represents the burning passion that we Christians must have to continue this journey.
Fotia Chapel is a student-led student-run ministry in The Potter’s School. We provide worship, Bible studies, testimonies, and articles. Our ministry combines traditional and contemporary elements, believing that blending the best of both connects the historical church to the present church and creates a more timeless worship experience.
What Do We Believe?
We affirm this statement of faith:
- In one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally existing in three persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men and the Divine and final authority for Christian faith and life.
- That Jesus Christ is true God and true man having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He is now our High Priest and Advocate.
- That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict men, regenerate the believing sinner, indwell, guide, instruct and empower the believer for godly living and service.
- That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is, therefore, lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
- That the shed blood of Jesus Christ and His resurrection provide the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and only such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit and, thus, become children of God.